Sunday, October 07, 2007

silence

This week has been peculiar.

We haven't heard my female owner play her flute the whole week! Not even today, when it's Saturday. She has been busy running around doing her stuff. While it can be a earful listening to her stumble over her notes over and over again, the silence is deafening. We actually experience withdrawal symptoms, now that she is MIA.

It's like Dodo will stretch out his neck to look for her, only to see nothing. Nanook will wait in the feeding tank for food, only to be disappointed. Dona will hide in the shadows in expectation of her booming voice, only to be anxious for nothing. And me? It feels strange that no one is scolding me for being too fat.

Absence makes our hearts grow fonder.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook