Friday, October 26, 2007

trust goes a long way

My female owner's friend paid a compliment regarding her driving skills today.

You see, she would usually drive on Thursdays to her aikido class and would give the friend a lift home after that. So this poor guy has been a victim of her recent resolve to overcome her fear of driving. He has to sit in her car and put up with her lousy driving all the way from the east to his house in the north. Wahaha.

Then for two weeks, he was out of town and did not take her car. Coincidentally, my female owner's father was out of town and she drove the car all over Singapore for work purposes.

So, today he came back to class and took a lift from her again. Along the expressway, he suddenly commented that her driving has improved!

That was encouragement indeed for my female owner. My poor owner has been the butt of many jokes revolving around her poor Mandarin and driving ability. Although she doesn't mind being teased (as long as her friends are happy), the positive comments regarding her driving over the past few months had certainly boosted her self-confidence and helped her realised that she had been shackled by her own fears all these years. Some of her friends were not even afraid to sit in her car despite her inexperience and those actions spoke so loud - hey! I trust you enough to put my life in your hands. Learn to trust yourself too.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook