Monday, January 28, 2008

23 or 32?

My female owner brought all of us out for a walk around her house today. Nanook and I promptly planted ourselves into a corner to snooze, much to my female owner's chagrin (We need our beauty sleep to stay young and vibrant). Boys being boys, Dodo and Dona went on their grand walk around the house.

Today's walk was exceptionally hazardous. My female owner finally started packing her luggage - right in the middle of the dining area. My brothers had to watch where their little feet tread, in case they step into a landmine.

My female owner had been feeling vexed regarding her luggage as the airline granted her a grand total of 23kg baggage weight. There was no special allowance for students. Her mother also called up the airline and got the same response - 23kg. How much can 23kg translate to, for an overseas student, I wonder?

My female owner, never one to give up, surfed the website (she finally did something else besides chatting!) and found out that until November 2008, she can carry up to 32kg without excess charge. She called up the airlines to confirm. Yay, it's true! (Maybe we can squeeze into her bag now and sneak in with her).

What puzzled her was that only when she mentioned this to the airline, then they admitted that the limit was 32kg. Otherwise, the standard reply was 23kg. Hmmm... these customer service people ah.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook