Tuesday, December 08, 2009

yucky

There’s two yucky aftermaths that my female owner hates. One is the aftermath of a drink-binge. The other, the aftermath of crying.

My female owner is NOT an alcoholic and is highly selective with whom she drinks with (I’m referring to more than one standard drink kind of drinking). She drinks for two reasons: coz she’s emo or coz she likes the company. She hates it that the time between getting high and passing out is so quick for her, that often, she ends up missing out of the conversation and activities.

According to her (un)fortunate and often traumatised frens (esp Functional Fren, whom she apparently hugged (this, she denies it but his winning statement was, “I was sober, you were drunk”) and laid on his lap during one of her first few binges), she tended to do dodgy things when she is high (the most recent was to wander off by herself, which my female owner insisted was perfectly safe, coz she was able to navigate slopes even in her stupor). Anyway, my female owner often has remnants of the happenings of the previous night, plus even if she didn’t remember, her gleeful friends never fail to remind her of her unrepeatable antics and always, my female owner end up with a “oh shit” feeling of having gone beyond her limits and embarrassing herself in the process.

The second, crying. Crying flattens her physically, spiritually and emotionally. She takes a long while to get over it. Just like drinking too much, she ends up needing to sleep to get over the fatigue caused by crying. Her eyes become sore and puffy, her mind blank and her emotions, numbed, as if trying to prevent her from feeling anything, to protect her from breaking down again.

Thankfully, those aftermaths happen less than 10 times a year.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook