Saturday, December 12, 2009

dynamics

Don’t get me wrong when I said that my female owner’s top priority is her family. This doesn’t mean that she has forgotten about her friends. My female owner is still occupied with meeting ups. So far, the group she has been meeting up most with is (surprise surprise), her Impromptu Frens. I’ve lost count of the number of people in this group. Maybe 5 girls and 4 guys (5, if you include Potahto’s partner)? There is a new girl in the group whom my female owner has not met but this girl marks the first female who is not from her previous organisation.

Over the past 10 months, the group’s dynamics has changed dramatically. Like what my female owner said, the group she came back to is not the same group which she left in Feb 09. Sentiments have changed, perceptions altered, priorities shifted. One of her closer friends commented that this was a group that my female owner had worked hard to bring together its members and later bind together (e.g. through sports) and when things were stable, had to leave (my female owner’s take differs slightly in that she worked hard to bind the group together so that things would continue after she left). Some people had said that my female owner was the glue that binds the group together. My female owner doesn’t think she has such powers, especially since she is not particularly close to a few people. Rather, she sees these changes as a natural progression in group dynamics, where relationships mature and with any big group, mini cliques form.

Despite some weird dynamics, my female owner had the chance to meet up with most of them in a big group (yah, they gave her face!) and in smaller groups over the course of the week. My female owner really lavished in this intimate fellowship with her friends. After all, her love languages are quality time (impromptu jios and suppers) and acts of service (fixing her belt, driving her around).

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook