Sunday, December 20, 2009

shopping

It’s Christmas time and heaps of people have descended into the shopping malls in a bid to get presents for their loved ones. Over the weekend, my female owner joined the statistics. She had to get stuff for her family (what about us turtles?!), a few frens (really, maybe just 2?) and erm… for a gift exchange. Perhaps a sign of increasing affluence among her friends, the budget for gift exchange was set at $20. It used to be $10 not so long ago.

My female owner thinks that Christmas gifts should not be given for the sake of giving or as a token. If you don’t have a good gift to give, then don’t give. Save money, time and the earth. She gets really pissed with people who buy thoughtless items. Number one on her most-hated list is random shower gift sets, whether it is cheap or branded. Number two would be random chocolates and sweets.

My female owner’s personal take on gifts is that they should be tailored to the individual, something that will bless the individual or make the individual feel special. Even some funny cutesy item that brings a cheer is much more appreciated than some mass-produced and packed shower gift sets that have been categorised as “for family, “for colleagues”.

I think my female owner just hates Christmas shopping.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

is this a hint? >.<

ser

female owner said...

haha!!! hint for?! =p

Anonymous said...

for some funny cutesy item...lol

female owner said...

hee.. no need lah. ur friendship is funny cutesy enough. =)

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook