Monday, December 28, 2009

faq1

One FAQ posted to my female owner in recent weeks is, “so, what do you want to do after you graduate?”

The default answer is “eh…I don’t know leh”. Certainly a highly disappointing answer from a doctorate student. A more elaborate answer (if she is in a sharing mood) would be “I don’t mind starting work in a hospital but eventually, I want to work in private practice and lecture in a polytechnic or university”.

If she’s more chatty, she would add “I want to work somewhere with great earning power, I’m tired of being poor”.

Then someone asked an insightful question, “what would you choose, if you can only be one and being a lecturer pays more?”

A scenario which my female owner never thought about. She paused for a while and answered “then I would be a clinician, coz after all I’m trained to be one, and I want to do individual work to help people directly”.

(there goes her earning power)

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook