Monday, December 14, 2009

turtle life

I saw the turtle side of my female owner today. In fact, I was amused, seeing how she was morphing into one of us turtles. It all started when she came home at about 0500hr, after a whisky party at a friend’s house. She tried to wake up for church but didn’t manage to. The next time I saw her, it was about 12noon, when she came out to the living room to use the internet.

She chatted online for a while and had lunch. Did some research on Cambodia but got frustrated/ bored and decided to pop onto the sofa for a nap. This was about 1400hr. She napped till about 1700hr plus. Was awakened intermittently by smses. Then she stoned at the computer trying to sort out accommodations for Cambodia. Feeling sleepy and nua. And she had dinner.

Sounds pretty much like a turtle life doesn’t it? Not moving much, sleeping, eating, a bit of cursory movements to convince people that she is still contributing to society, sleeping, eating and not moving much.

2 comments:

SeaLs said...

I've been to Cambodia twice and I love the place! Need help? I've bought Lonely PLanet on the country too, 'cos I liked it so much.

female owner said...

yes please! Let me know the must-gos/dos/eats/ at Siem Reap!!! Thanks!

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook