Sunday, December 20, 2009

overheard

Overheard: True friends stab you in the front, not the back.

My female owner wonders how many true friends she has. Or even, what does it mean to be a true friend? Or, is there such a thing as a true friend?

She ruffled a few feathers recently when she kept insisting that she has "few friends". Many hearers rolled their eyes in disbelief. A parallel vein of discussion involved others who urged her to find more friends (not to be anti-social etc).

My female owner generally invests a lot in her friendships. Hence, she is selective and protective of her friendships. With such intensity, it is not surprising that she has time, energy and resources for only a small number of people. Yet, she likes it this way. She says that quality is more important than quantity. Idealist? Maybe. Her fren once asked her, what happens if your friends do not reciprocrate your actions? Won't you be hurt?

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook