Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Day 1

This was how my female owner spent her first day in Singapore.

An impromptu jio for lunch by a fren. Wonders of technology. In the absence of a mobile line, the jio was made through MSN. Lunch was, erm, McDonalds! A place where she hardly patronised in Brisbane became her first lunch in Singapore. Lunch was good, as her fren took great pains to update her on the latest happenings and she even discovered more mysteries about him.

Then it was off to City Hall for a pre-arranged meet-up with one of her former gals. Within the space of four hours, they visited three eateries. A Japanese restaurant, a Chinese bakery and Starbucks. Goodness me. She also shopped around for a pre-paid card, finally establishing contact with her social network.

Her gigantic tea left my female owner little stomach space for dinner (and beer) with her Impromptu Frens. Yes, they actually organised (and committed to) a pre-arranged welcome back dinner. My female owner ended up with wings and beer. Just like the good old days. None of them believed that she had quit drinking (“only ghost will believe”), although one of them did harbour hope that she really did.

Took a little while for my female owner to get used to her friends again. You know, like after 10 months of being away, she had become accustomed to a different way of speaking and relating to people. Now, she has to recalibrate to her Singaporean neurons. Some people said she did sound a little aussie (?? Her aussie friends said she had a strong accent). Happily, a few people mentioned (or expressed shock) that she had lost weight (my female owner was gleeful about this coz she didn’t really do much exercise in recent months). My female owner (and I) is sure that she would put on weight after this holiday. Just look at how Day 1 panned out.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook