Monday, December 14, 2009

towel

My female owner, how can you say she is a cold fish? Well, that’s what her ex described her as. Last night, I saw her slowly collapsing into tears while on the MSN. Okay, collapsing is an exaggeration. Maybe sniffing is a more apt word.

It all started with a random topic with Korean Jogging Kaki on beach bags. Then my female owner suddenly remembered that his beach towel is still in her cupboard and there was no way she could return it to him before he leaves Brisbane permanently.

KJK had once offered to give her one of his beach towels as she needed one. But now, my female owner says that she cannot bear to keep any of his towels because the sight of it would just stir up memories of good times spent (with no more in sight). KJK insisted that the towel had to stay in Brisbane (coz she offered to DHL it back to him) as that’s where the sun, sand and sea are.

Just thinking about it made my female owner tear. KJK didn’t help matters coz he went on to say that he would give her other towels if he could find them (ah! Adding fuel to the flame. Pure evilness!). So my poor female owner was sniffing her way through the conversation while KJK kept talking about how she should use the towel in a functional way, for the purpose it was made for. My female owner’s retort was that the towel was no longer a functional object as she had subscribed meaning to it (camping and beaching with good friends). And so, he insisted that my female owner had to unsubscribe those meanings.

So the ping-pong exchange continued for a while… and my head was swirling, trying to reconcile the differences between a girl’s brain and a guy’s brain. Headache. Seeing how easily she cries... how can she be described as a cold fish?

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook