Monday, December 07, 2009

Korean Jogging Kaki

My female owner finally hosted a dinner for her precious friends. Korean Jogging Kaki is about to leave Brisbane for good and my female owner decided that it is time to muster up her cooking skills to celebrate their friendship (including three other friends, all of whom went camping together recently).

Dinner was fun. A process of preparing ingredients, cooking the dishes, eating together and washing up. Of course, there was the good old random chat about anything and everything under the sun. Yet at the back of her mind, my female owner knew that the eventual is going to happen, that he is going to leave, farewell dinner or not. That was bittersweet for my female owner, a huge dose of sadness in the midst of immersing herself in the warmth of her friends.

Perhaps she is afraid to confront the ultimate truth. That’s why she did not initiate any photo-taking. She didn’t want to take photos of an event where she knows she will force herself to smile. My female owner is not one person to celebrate the present, if she knows that what happens afterwards is a separation. She wanted the dinner to remain as it seems – another casual dinner party with a group of friends. But yet, she knows she is just fooling herself.

It is indeed time to say farewell to Korean Jogging Kaki. They started off as random jogging kakis in early 2008, pulled together by I-Fren who tirelessly organised jogging sessions. It was only recent that they became closer, moving from jogging to other activities (having each other’s MSN helped too). Going beyond pleasantries to sharing deeper thoughts and opinions. Touched by his warmth, encouragement and patience. As my female owner told him, among everyone else who has gone back home for good, he is probably the first person she will miss (she already started feeling emo yesterday).

My female owner wishes him all God’s blessings, as he goes back to where he came from, to begin a new chapter of his life. Surely, they will meet again someday. Surely, their friendship will continue beyond Brisbane.

2 comments:

tedde said...

between good friends there are no goodbyes, only see you laters ^^.

thats why u shud get in the habit of giving peeps a friendly slap on the ass. it accelerates the bonding process =P

upset turtle said...

yeah, hopefully. now you made me cry again.

the more you bond.. the more painful it is to say "see you laters" but no, it is still worthwhile to bond. will slap your ass tmr.

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook