Thursday, December 24, 2009

overdrive

My female owner just came home from a full-day of meeting people. She was hosting (or baby-sitting) I-Fren and had earlier planned a day of meeting up with friends for him.

The day started with meeting I-Fren and Therapist Fren at an unearthly time of 0830hr at Bishan MRT. For the first time since she returned home, she woke up at 0700hr. Having slept at 0200hr the night before, my female owner couldn’t help but wonder what insanity caused her to set such an early time.

Turns out that both Frens were late. Nonetheless, they ended up having a comfortable time: Yakun for brekkie, Tu Tu Kueh for morning tea, famous Chicken Rice + po piah for lunch. The Frens even managed to get some quirky pressies from various shops. Fruitful indeed!

Afternoon was spent with Onli Frens and baby at Clarke Quay. They ended up back at Yakun, proving the point that Yakun is “not just a breakfast thing”. They also went on the Hippo River Cruise, with compliments from Second Onli Fren. Because I-Fren was around, they managed to get some really good shots of their afternoon.

Evening to night was spent with Impromptu Frens. My female owner was appreciative that all who were available after work, took time to meet I-Fren (it also turned out to be a welcome back dinner for another friend from US). My female owner was gleeful too, that she could have her Macho Margarita. Looking at the size of the glass, she was amazed at how Librarian Fren and her could previously order two glasses within the space of 1.5hrs. She was further amazed at I-Fren’s high energy level. At the same time, she was perplexed at some stuff she observed around the dinner table.

Night ended later than she expected. While I-Fren and her had a mini-chat on the way back to his house, my female owner wished she had more time to talk to him about some stuff. And when you thought she would come home to rest after a power-packed day of meeting so many people at close-range, my female owner extended her night by going for supper with other friends. Hmmm, I wonder if her introverted and shy genes would protest given that overdrive.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook