Thursday, December 31, 2009

denial!

Happie Birthday female owner! Thought I better send her us turtles' birthday greetings before the night is over (Singapore time of course!).

My female owner says that she had a comfortable birthday this year. She actually started the first hour of her birthday wondering what would be a meaningful thing to do. She asked a couple of frens and Librarian Fren suggested that she draw up a wish list and ask God to fulfill all of them. While my female owner thought that it was a brilliant idea, she was shortly but sufficiently distracted by Therapist Fren (their maiden chat on MSN, memorable for all the wrong reasons!) and never really drew up that list.

A stretcher of time and resources, my female owner packed in a brekkie with Librarian Fren before rushing off to the movies with Onli Fren (been years since they watched a movie together, and definitely a first-time being in the couple's seat together) and high tea with Onli Frens. My female owner fell for the old trick in the book ("I need to go toilet") and Onli Fren came back from the "toilet" with a healthy cupcake masquerading as a birthday cake (who says cupcakes can't dream big). Prophetically (from my female owner's perspective), the candle was colour-coordinated with her top - yellow with white strips.


Happily, my female owner spent the evening with her parents - dinner and shopping! Back to basics! Anyway, this is one of my female owner's favourite presents, given by Librarian Fren and Functional Fren. It is so them to chance upon something like that and get it for her and erm... it is so her...to be like a turtle living in a bubble of her own. On a random note, the turtle walks comically too!

2 comments:

lilies said...

like i said, i really went to the "toilet"! :p

Onli Fren's many friends said...

...
anyway hoh, i looked at the photo of us again, and i realised that my dressing that day really matched the cake. i had a round brown necklace leh. i think it was priming... that led you to get a round brown cake with yellow icing... and of course that yellow-stripped candle (probably chosen coz of the yellow icing)

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook