Saturday, December 26, 2009

family group

My female owner is experiencing “party fatigue”. Over the past week, she had been to so many gatherings and appointments that she is feeling the strain on her energy level. It didn’t help that she hasn’t been sleeping enough and her nose is giving her problems.

I-Fren says that she should be more selective about her parties. My female owner’s counter argument is that each party is made up of people from different segments of her life and there is no better chance to meet up with them but at these parties. So it sounds as if she would keep attending parties and appointments!

Anyway, one such party was with her Family Group frens (newly coined!). This group is made up of four couples. Two couples are her direct friends (e.g. Couple Frens) whereas the other two are her friends’ friends. Anyway, before u get bored with who’s who, just know that three couples are married and one is dating. There are two babies in the group – 6mths and 18 mths. And yes, my female owner has the honour of being the only single in the group.

My female owner says that the dynamics in a “family group” is really different from what she is used to (most of her groups are made up of singles or just dating couples). The topics and focus tend to revolve around in vivo hyperactive babies/ toddlers who keep their parents busy by walking around (my female owner appreciates us turtles in this aspect, coz she can leave us to our own devices for hours and we wont get into any accidents). Somemore she really don’t like babies (even though babies tend to like her coz of her round face). She can’t decide which is worse – entertaining random babies or making small talk with adult strangers. To her, they are two sides of the same coin.

My female owner wonders if there will come a time when she will find it difficult to fit into family groups...

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook