Saturday, May 24, 2008

wedding

Today is a special day. It’s my female owner’s closest couple-fren’s wedding! My female owner can’t help but try to imagine the happenings in Singapore, all the way from the morning, when the groom tries to break into the bride’s house, to the tea ceremony, and the banquet dinner.

Thinking of them brings a smile to my female owner (and me too!). Sweet memories of their friendship, love and support through all these years fill her heart. They don’t really spend a lot of time together, but they are certainly people who would rush to her side when she’s in crisis.

Seems like just yesterday when they announced that they were getting married on 24 May. In a way, their announcement in June 07 was a catalyst for my female owner to move on with her life, alone. For a long time, my male owner had been iffy about his career plans and their future. My female owner decided that it was time to stop giving him elastic deadlines to get his act together, and to move on with her study plans. If only she had been firmer and more decisive earlier on… maybe she would have completed her studies and be back with us already.

If my female owner were at the wedding, I believe she would have shed tears of joy for her closest couple-fren. Wishing them a lifetime of marriage bliss, joy and undying love.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook