Saturday, May 24, 2008

home

My female owner’s housemate forgot to bring out her keys with her today. Hence, she asked my female owner to let her know when she reached home, so that my female owner could open the door with her.

Reaching home, my female owner smsed her to inform that she had reached home. That simple act once again brought about memories of the past, when my owners were together. Everyday/ night when my female owner reached home from her day’s activities, she had to sms my male owner to let him know that she was home. If she was already home, but decided to go out for a late-night supper, she would still have to sms him again when she reached home, regardless of the time.

My female owner initially protested at this requirement. She saw it as in infringement of her freedom. However, my male owner explained that he would only be at ease when he knew that she was safe at home. This was largely true, coz without fail, he would wait for her to reach home, before turning in for the night. The flip side of it was that, during disagreements, he would blame her for keeping him awake at night, waiting for her to reach home from her night of fun (thus causing him to be tired the next day).

My female owner felt indignant about being blamed as she would be perfectly happy if he went to sleep without waiting for her to reach home. Certainly, not having to sms anybody that she had reached home was one of the things she adjusted to quite easily after being single again.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook