Sunday, May 11, 2008

brother

My female owner had been meaning to send her brother an email but, yes you guessed it, she sat on her “meaning” for so long that her brother finally sent her an email today. It’s so embarrassing.

So anyway, her brother, being the introverted man, wrote a grand total of 5 sentences in the email. In three of the sentences, it was about her coming back for their father’s 60th birthday in July and he offered to subsidise her airfare.

Wow! First he got her a laptop to bring over to Brisbane and then now, he offered to subsidise her airfare. He had never been so proactive in reaching out to her before. The siblings are generally “quiet lovers”. That sounds a bit wrong, but what I mean is that, they don’t demonstrate their love for each other in overt ways.

My female owner felt really touched by his offer. She was also shocked, coz she had just started praying to God to provide the finances to fly home. (She never really expected a positive answer apparently). Anyway, she rejected her brother's offer of assistance (then pray for what right? she's so strange!).

The email, though short,… cemented her decision go home in July! YEAH!!! My female owner is coming home! Bring out the champagne! Chicken wings! And fries!

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook