Saturday, May 03, 2008

round

We had some visitors today! My female owner’s paternal aunties and her niece (ie, grand daughter of one of the aunties). They haven’t seen her for three months and yes one of the first questions asked was “eh, you put on weight?”

With such a common reaction from people, my female owner has no choice but to accept reality. So her reply was “Of course lah! There are so many nice things to eat here.”

And the auntie added “your face is so round!” Oh well… round is also a shape. Perfect shape in fact. Wahaha. They say that owners will tend to look their pets after a while. I think my female owner is taking after me, with my overflowing cheeks and all.

My female owner has regressed to her undergraduate days where she was at her heaviest at more than 60kg. That was also the time when she was in the church’s dance ministry and one poor guy had to carry all 60+kg of her on his shoulders! In fact, they also had to spin together.

Perhaps it’s correlational: female owner in school ~ put on weight

The cold comfort is that some kind (and probably sympathetic) souls have been telling her that she would look better with more weight coz she had been too skinny. Actually, my female owner’s main concern is not that she has gained weight. It’s more that her clothes are getting tighter and that she may run out of clothes to wear if she continues her bingeing.

Ever heard of the saying “God, if you can’t make me thin, make all my friends fat.” My female owner is probably praying “God, if you can’t make me thin, make my clothes expand”.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We confirm are putting on weight together. and i dun even have excuse!!

p

Anonymous said...

got lah... you still suffering from MMS!

anyway, you have a lower baseline to start with...so you have more room! In any case, i didnt make that prayer ok!

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook