Sunday, May 11, 2008

routines

My female owner doesn’t stick to routines very well. Save for responsibilities (like work commitments) and obligations (like promises), she operates in a free-spirited and spontaneous fashion. Ask her out late at night, she would probably say “Onz! What time and where?” Bored on a Saturday afternoon? She would come out for coffee if she’s available.

When it came to church and bible study in Singapore, she operated in a somewhat similar (but opposite) fashion – she attended whenever she felt like it, to a point when she stopped attending bible study altogether. So coming to Brisbane, I must say that she has been pretty consistent in attending church and bible study these past 3 months. *applause*

Anyway, her bad habit of missing church came back again as she was struggling to write an IQ assessment report early Sunday morning (0100ish). The heaps of things she need to complete by the end of Sunday kept weighing on her mind. Look at the state of her room now and you can more or less figure out her state of mind.

Her study area. A far cry from the big work area she's used to.

Struggling through her IQ report, wtih reference materials spilling all over. Literally left, right, centre (and front even).


She started to tell God, “God, sorry if I don’t go church today, I really cannot make it already. I’m so far behind my work. I haven’t decided yet, but if I don’t go, I’m sorry.”

And she gave up trying to figure out how to interpret the scores and went to bed, determined to wake up at 0900hr to continue her quest. Just minutes after she woke up, one of her church friends messaged her. The friend wanted my female owner to try her cooking (in preparation for a surprise party next week) and asked her if she could meet earlier for lunch (church service starts at 1530hr). My female owner knew, deep in her heart that it was God’s gentle way of nudging her back to Him.

She definitely did not regret spending those hours in church today. I know, coz she looked calm when she was talking to her family just now.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook