Sunday, May 04, 2008

binge-eating

My female owner received a revelation about her newly acquired binge-eating behaviour yesterday. God showed her that it was not the over-eating that was the problem per se, or that she’s getting weight and her clothes are getting tighter. It’s more about the function of the binge-eating that’s the problem.

You see, my female owner is one of those who will eat more when stressed. Going over to a foreign land, she has to cope with more than just stress – reversal of roles, new culture, new demands, unfamiliar surroundings, working within limited resources/ restrictions, mistakes to learn from etc etc.

Each time she feels agitated/ distressed/ disoriented, she would turn to food for comfort (probably the only constant in uncertainty – sure taste nice, and always there for her). She has been thinking of the different psychological techniques she knows and wondering which may help her overcome her binge-eating.

God then showed her that the way to stop her binge-eating is not to control her food intake through whatever techniques she knows, but to turn to Him when she feels agitated/ distressed/ distressed. For a few months, she had been turning to food as her first source of comfort. It’s time that she turns to Him first.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook