Thursday, May 22, 2008

cake

Besides trying to follow a cooking recipe today, my female owner also had plans to try baking a cake. Her maiden attempt! The recipe was courtesy of her Onli Fren who had painstakingly typed it out over MSN a few weeks ago.

As luck would have it, her bible study fren who came over to her house for a meeting (and the all important weighing scale) in the evening was early. Since there was still time, she readily agreed to guide my female owner through her maiden attempt.

Holding the mixer in her hand was really nostalgic for my female owner as she was cued to recall the times when she helped her mother mix the batter for all sorts of recipes – pineapple tarts, peanut cookies, fruit cake, pandan cake etc etc… Thinking back, those must have been precious moments, when mother and child worked together to make something good for everyone else. Maybe she would bake a cake for her dad’s birthday.

Anyway, the cake turned out respectable (meaning that it was okay enough to offer her friends who were at her house later, actually, they were all forced to try her cake. Wahaha). My female owner didn’t manage to take a photo of the whole cake… but here’s part of it.

Pear Chocolate Cake served with Chocolate Sauce. Old-time friends would be able to recognise what the doodle means. Second Onli Fren - this was written with you in mind. Onli Fren - now my female owner can call you Cuppie Pear Chocolate Cake!

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook