Monday, May 05, 2008

how

How do you reach out to someone who is a professional counselor by training and who is a better counselor than you are (and way smarter)? Someone who has, in several points of your life, counseled and supported you through your professional helping issues. Someone who listened as you aired your self-doubts and feelings of inadequacies. Someone who saw you through your tears (and not panic) and who could laugh with you through trying times.

Those are the questions which are swimming around my female owner’s mind as she thinks about her friend who’s struggling through his personal issues. He has taught and given her so much but she has not been able to reciprocate his actions. She wants to ask him about it, but she doesn’t know how to broach the topic. She knows he will clam up. (I’m also sad coz I owe part of my life to him.)

4 comments:

tedde said...

Being a friend doesn't mean that you always have the answers. Being a friend means that you're there... and you care.

Tell him as much, and even if he clams, he'll appreciate you for it.

Anonymous said...

yah, that's a good point. just to let him know that i'm here for him... must learn to be more expressive. thanks koala!

Anonymous said...

haha so tedde has been dehumanised too! Hey P, no worries, he knows that you care for him. He is touched by the (turtle)angel!

P

Anonymous said...

wahaha. teDDe got split personalities. you dunno meh?

Tell me how the dinner went! is he better now?? sorry, i couldnt really catch up with you tonight. gotta rush my supervision stuff. calculating IQ scores now...

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook