Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Erobin

My female owner loves the beach. No holiday trip is complete, until she locates the beach and spends some time there "nuaing". Better still if she can catch the sunset. She can probably spend hours lazing on the sand, just listening to the roar of the waves and watching random things unfold around her. In fact, I heard that she used to bring her turtles to the beach (not us, the previous ones). She would build tunnels with the sand for the turtles to walk through. She stopped doing that when one of them died shortly after one such excursion. Thankfully she never brought us to the beach! I won't know where to hide from the sun.

Some of the guys in her bible study group decided to mark Labour Day (5th May) by having a BBQ at Erobin (she never heard of this place before this). Erobin is located next to the ocean. Woo hoo! My female owner had a field day. For a while, I believe she missed her Potahto Fren. I won't blame her. They had been to so many beaches together.


Map to Erobin. These guys are so organised! They had a map, driving directions, organised transport, prepared the food and went early (before 0900hr) to book a BBQ pit.

One of the first sights that greeted my female owner when she reached at 1000hr. Look at how the ocean glittered in the morning sun. The same location at about 1200hr. The guys were so sweet. Not only did they sweat it out at the BBQ pit, they even cut up the meat into smaller portions for the rest! There's something about Brisbane that makes Asian guys more gentlemanly.One of my female owner's favourite food - the trusty chicken wing. Potahto, where are you?!Because the water was so shallow, it was possible to wade out to sea, towards a distant island (not captured in the photo below). My female owner did that with two friends.Here they are, posing where the water has receded. No prizes for identifying which is my female owner.An impromptu lesson in biology. Her Intuitive Fren spotted this snail camouflaged in the sand bed while walking back to shore (the water is that clear, and his eye-sight is that good. But if you ask him how he managed to spot the sandy looking snail.. he probably says "intuition"). After lunch, my female owner wondered off to explore the area and found this location which reminded her so much of Singapore. Middle-aged men fishing at a jetty... She also recalled the times when she went for night-dives at the jetty... Those nights chit-chatting with her Second Onli Fren at various beaches..
A cloud that caught her attention. Looks like a lion, sprinting forward..

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook