Sunday, August 10, 2008

voice

Some of you may know that my female owner had been ill for more than a week. She spent an hour tossing and turning in bed last night, because of her dry and itchy cough. She knew it was at least an hour, because she heard her handphone beeped when the battery was fully charged.

So she woke up today with less than 7 hours sleep as she had an early lunch appointment. Anyway, she went to church after that. At the end of the sermon, the preacher invited those who needed healing or had other prayer needs to go up to the front to get prayed for. My female owner was very reluctant to do so, because of her shyness and doubt about “what if I go up and don’t get healed? So malu”. Also, she felt that her voice would come back in a day or two, so there was no need to get prayed for. Anyway, she felt God prompting her with the word TRUST and reluctantly went up.

A church leader prayed for her and even though my female owner didn’t say much about her other issues besides her need for healing, the church leader was pretty accurate about my female owner’s inner issues.

Anyway, my female owner noticed that her sore voice didn’t go away (sidenote: she indulged in fries during lunch). She wasn’t really concerned about being healed quickly anyway. Happily (sort-of), my female owner went home to do her own stuff (ie she didn’t join her friends for dinner).

Even when she was watching the Olympics, she found herself praying at the same time. And suddenly, a sense of calm fell upon her and she felt prompted to test her voice…. And to her pleasant surprise, her voice is fully restored! My female owner was left speechless (pun intended).

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook