Sunday, August 03, 2008

sunshine

My female owner’s parents are getting used to her absence. I know because I can tell that they are getting on comfortable with each other’s company. Coming home from work after dinner, resting in front of the telly box to watch Korean dramas (yes! At their age.) They are also less anxious to catch my female owner on MSN.


Dodo is still missing my female owner very much. Among the four of us turtles, he is the most attached to her. When Nana was still alive, Dodo used to follow Nana's lead to climb onto my female owner’s lap, whenever she sat on the floor in the Balcony. Dona, being aloof, didn’t bother about interacting with my female owner. Nanook and myself never picked up that habit when we moved over. Maybe it’s a boy turtle thing, to climb into a female’s lap? Not to mention that whenever Dodo had a swollen arm (from walking too much maybe?!), my female owner would take leave to bring him to the vet to sort him out. That, unfortunately, entails painful injections, which Dodo accepted with gusto.

He’s just different from me. Nothing gets him down. Sunshine turtle.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook