Saturday, August 23, 2008

P.S.

My female owner watched P.S. I Love You just now, when she should be doing her research proposal. I don’t blame her. Who wants to work on something so boring on a Friday night? Friday nights used to be her party nights.

The movie depicted marriage as a sweet and heart-warming experience (is love really that sweet?!). Certain segments of the show evoked memories of what my ex-male owner used to say or do for my female owner. For example, while holding her arms in a heated argument, the male lead asked his wife, “what do you want? I know what I want, what I want is in my hands now.”

My female owner could never answer that question definitively. There were things she wanted… but only if certain criteria were met. Like she would marry him, but only if he got himself a stable job and stablise himself financially. And if he could not secure a stable job, then she would want other things (like delay marriage and progress in other areas of her life).

But anyway, my female owner was able to watch the show, detached from the past. So that’s good news. She’s all good now, single and free. No bitterness of the past.. except that she spent too long in that relationship. Waste of her youth, she says.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook