Sunday, August 03, 2008

six month

My female owner has been away for exactly six months. Been a tough half a year for her. Many students enjoy studying overseas because of the freedom and autonomy that comes with living apart from their parents and experiencing a new culture. My female owner says that things are different for her, because she already has freedom and autonomy as a working adult in Singapore. While she is experiencing a new culture now, her freedom and autonomy have been, ironically, invaded and reduced.

Anyway, when she first left Singapore six months ago, she wished that she could catch a glimpse of how the next six months would be. Now that she has lived and survived those six months, you would think that it would be easier for her to be mentally prepared for another six months. The truth is, she is not confident of being able to meet up to the challenges confronting her this semester. i.e. going through it once doesn’t make the second time any easier for her. In fact, now she has anticipatory anxiety of what lies ahead.

But my female owner says that those are her human insecurities and fears acting up. Deep down, she knows that her God is faithful and in control. Just as He provided for her needs during the first semester and blessed her with many good things, she believes that she will see more of His goodness and grace this second semester.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook