Wednesday, August 06, 2008

grandma

My female owner doesn’t know whether to laugh or to cry… but I reckon that maybe it’s better to laugh… coz it makes you happier.

She had been struggling with this ambivalent 56-year-old grandmother client who is taking care of her grandson full-time. The first time grandma and her daughter (i.e. the grandson’s aunt) came in was 2 months ago. Since then, they had defaulted on her thrice. And 2 times, without calling earlier to inform. Because they are 1900hr clients, my female owner ended up waiting for a few hours till nightfall for them. Grandma also never calls back to book another appointment even when she promises too.

Hence, my female owner decided that she would drop them (despite needing clients). So she called up grandma last week and said the magic line “it seems as if this is not a good time for you to come in, perhaps you would like to be put back on the waitlist?” And grandma’s response was “nono, you can speak to me now”. Not so magical eh since grandma didn’t get what my female owner was saying. And she ended up booking them in for a session this evening at 1900hr.

My female owner’s supervisor told her to send a “contact-us-by-certain-date-or-we-will-close-your-file” letter if they did not turn up tonight. And my female owner spent the whole day hoping that they would not turn up (and even went around telling people her plight) so that she can drop them and concentrate on more deserving clients.

Alas, they turned up at 1900hr sharp. And so, they are still her clients. As usual, grandma was ambivalent and doubting, causing my female owner to struggle with her croaking voice to soothe her anxiety.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

who is this monster client of yours???!

Did u take FFMC for lit? Bathsheba is the lead character! courted by gabriel, troy and i cant rem the last one. (but he went mad and shot himself)

u ok? take care dear.

Anonymous said...

i cant believe that after 2 years of mugging FFMC, with 57 chapters and 396 pages, i totally forgot the story line. i vaguely rem that Troy was flamboyant. Gabriel was the steady long-suffering suitor.. and i dunno who the last person is!

i'm ok lah. just lost my voice only.. sianz.

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook