Sunday, August 17, 2008

five

5 years ago, on 13 August, my female started her first day of work. She was introduced to her work buddy, E, who didn’t like her at first. The animosity evaporated about two weeks later, when the pair was sent for an overnight field trip to Batam. Their mission was to get business contacts from a Singapore-Batam businessmen dinner so that they could establish a network to propagate their organisation’s safe sex message.

E was to make a lasting impact on my female owner’s outlook on life. The two of them quickly form a strong alliance at work. Despite the more than 5 years age gap between them, they shared a telepathy and communication style that others could only watch and appreciate in amazement. At the same time, my female owner found that E was fiercely guarded about her personal life, to the extent that E did not want to reveal her birth-date. My female owner found out later that they shared the same birth-date! This, she felt, explained the chemistry between them.

Anyway, I am digressing again. All I meant to say after my first sentence is that, when my female owner started work, she wondered how the next five years would be. For instance, how would five years of working change her. Well, she has just crossed the five-year mark. It was certainly an eventful half-decade, with things panning out differently from what she had envisioned her life to be, when she stepped out into the working world as a naive 18+++ year old girl.

Hmm… I wonder how the next five years would be like for her. Things should remain pretty much the same for us turtles.. Stability is our core value.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook