Sunday, August 24, 2008

sure win double choc chip cookie recipe

My female owner's next baking attempt:

Double Chocolate Chips Cookies
125g dark chocolate
150g flour
30g cocoa, sieved
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp salt
125g soft butter
75g light brown sugar
50g white sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg
350g chocolate chips

1. preheat oven to 170 degree. melt the 125g dark choclate in microwave or over a pan of simmering water.
2. put the cocoa, flour, bicarbonate of sodda and salt into a bowl.
3. cream the butter and sugars in an other bowl. add the melted chocolate and mix together.
4. beat in the vanilla extract and egg, then mix in the dry ingredients. finally stir in the chcolate chips.
5. scoop out 12 equal sized mounds - use an ice cream scoop and a palette knief. place on a baking sheet about 6cm aprt. do not flatten them
6. cook for 18 mins.
7. leave to cool on the baking sheet for 5 mins then transfer to a coooling rack.



My female owner is very convinced that this recipe is worth its weight in fats, coz her Onli Fren baked her some as a welcome gift when she came back recently. They were so yummy (right texture and taste) that my female owner had no qualms eating them, despite its obvious fattening nature (and you wonder why my female owner wonders why she put on 2 kg in those 2 weeks she was back home!)

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook