Tuesday, January 13, 2009

marriage

My female owner had a heart-to-heart talk with her Second Onli Fren last night at the beach. The topic? Relationships and marriage.

My female owner acknowledges that she is “expiring” and is probably at the back of the bottom shelf of the cupboard. Her Second Onli Fren pointed out that if she were to get attached and eventually get married, my female owner is likely to end up having risky pregnancies, given her age.

Over the past few months, my female owner observes that her married friends tend to be happier than her single friends. She says this because many of her single friends would air their feelings in one way or another. Either that or she does not spend enough time with her married friends/ they don’t come on MSN/ they turn to their partners for support etc.

My female owner wonders if she will be contented with “the standard Singapore lifestyle”. For someone her age, it would be just married, new house, career, maybe planning for kids. She thinks that this lifestyle is most appealing because it is probably the most trialled-and-tested method, providing one with great stability and security. What my female owner appreciates most out of this conventional route is firstly, having a soul-mate and secondly, a house to call her own. Always wanting to be different, she would much rather be married but exploring the world with her partner.

She finds it a pity that one can’t try different options before deciding on a final path… and somehow, the grass always seems greener on the other side.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook