Monday, January 12, 2009

embrace

The whole cycle starts again.. the counting down of days left, the pressure to want to make each day count, the feeling of ambivalence, of what is going to be left behind and what is going to be experienced in an unknown future, the apprehension of not knowing where home is going to be for the rest of the year, the frantic meeting up of friends (and knowing all is futile, separation is inevitable).

My female owner is fatigued. She doesn’t regret her decision to pursue postgrad. She just wonders why she is not embracing the experience and opportunity as much as she should or would like to. You know, like embrace the moment and not fret about the fuure. Is that “should” a self-imposed expectation? Why do people tell her that they “can’t wait” to return to Brisbane? What is wrong with her? What is behind her reluctance?

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook