Saturday, January 17, 2009

prickly

My female owner was slightly emotionally prickly today. It must have been the accumulation of the recent meet-ups where, for some reasons, she found herself discussing about her ex-bf at almost all of them.

The climax came during today’s dinner. While asked for her opinion over some relationship matters, my female owner felt a wave of depressive aura come over her. My female owner then realised that although she is over her ex-bf, she has yet to process certain emotional baggage.

Later, she had a short chat with her Clever Fren who sent her home after dinner. He doesn’t know much about her past relationship but eventually asked why the relationship made her feel hopeless about the future.

My female owner was stunned at the direct question (but you know lah, clever people usually cut straight to the chase). She didn’t realise how negative she had been, Her reply was that at the end of the whole saga, she realised that she doesn’t really understand guys very well.

Her Clever Fren replied in a way that no one ever had, “well, it’s not entirely because of you, he didn’t really understand you”…. That sentence absolved some of her self-blame. When she insisted that she doesn’t want to make herself vulnerable again, the Clever Fren asked her to wait for someone wiser to find her.

Is that possible?

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook