Tuesday, January 06, 2009

wonders

My female owner wonders what people say when they look at her.

The working people (erroneously) comments “wah, good life, on holiday” or “so you very free now right?”

The envious whinges “so good, your parents pay for your education”

The spiritually discerning points out “make your life count for God, you are not here by chance or mistake”

The encouragers (usually her closer friends like Potahto) nudges her “it’s tough, but I know you can make it”

The pro-marriage ones hurry “find an ang-moh boyfriend and get married leh”

The confused questions “wah, why your course so long” or “Doctorate not PhD meh?”

The curious asks “So you prefer Singapore or Brisbane?”

The long-lost friends wonder "so what are you doing now?"

The (deluded) Onli Fren insists “I told you already, you are my Smartest Fren!”

The (anxious) Second Onli Fren urges “come back soon leh, I am waiting for you to buy a house together”

The Couple Frens smile with glee “our first child (aka your god-child) is safe in your hands”

The young wannabe-psychologists exclaim “you are my idol!”

Us turtles whisper “we miss you”

The family demonstrates “we love you so much, we will make the necessary sacrifices to support you through this journey”

God promises “For I know the plans I have for your life, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future”

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook