Monday, January 26, 2009

finally

My female owner finally celebrated Chinese New Year with her family. She had missed the previous two years for different reasons. Two years ago, she was sent on a business trip to USA by her non-Chinese boss over the CNY period. She had to travel with someone whom she could not get along with and well, basically endure a cold winter in a foreign land with unwelcome company.

Last year, she was in Brisbane, so her family was kinda split across two continents. She spent CNY with her host, who cooked up a great feast, but there’s really no place like home.

This year, there were 7 people present for the traditional steamboat reunion dinner. Her parents, brother, sister-in-law, paternal auntie and the choir director from her parents’ church. A foreigner, he was not able to return home to be with his family. Hence, my female owner’s mother extended an invitation to him.


Ahh… the aroma of the different foods activated the hunger pangs in us turtles. Nanook, in her usual paranoid self, asked if the family was going to serve turtle soup. For some BIG reason, she always feel insecure that her status as the largest family pet will flip to become the most nutritious family food.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook