Sunday, January 11, 2009

punish

I roughly get an idea of what kind of disciplinarian my female owner will be if she is a parent – one for all and all for one! Although Dodo was the only offending turtle this afternoon, the fact the he actually bit and held on to me must have shook her worldview of her “most agreeable turtle” so much that she coped by punishing all of us!

Specifically, she put us all into a container which was too high for us to climb over. Then she fed us (coz her hypothesis behind the biting behaviour was that Dodo was hungry) and left us in that snug container for a couple of hours (space was tight). She felt that we had been so used to a huge personal space in the big and swanky Balcony that we need to get used to being in close proximity again (even if the water was dirty and smelly due to the leftover food).

That, was her way of punishing us. None of us dared to protest. No more biting one another, definitely.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook