Thursday, January 08, 2009

hazy

My female owner made through her LASIK operation alive. There were some points in time when she felt like saying, stop, I don’t want to continue.. Ahh.. the strange noises from the machines around her and the burnt smell of her very own tissue. Even the mere three drops of anaesthetic freaked her out. What if she could still feel pain? How does being zapped by a laser feel like?

The aftermath of the surgery was even more traumatic. She couldn’t really open her eyes and look ahead. The most comfortable level was heads-down, looking at the ground. She kept tearing.. A very sorry state indeed. Given that it was at a public hospital, and she was dressed in white and black, I won’t be surprised if people thought she just lost a loved one. Her clarity of vision was as similar to those few times she was drunk.. restricted and hazy.

Ah, so she rushed home to sleep. Her mother made her take the sole sleeping pill prescribed by the doctor. Her maiden consumption of a sleeping pill. Didn’t help at all.

Anyway, her vision improved after those hours of forced rest. Hopefully tomorrow will be a clearer day!

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook