Saturday, March 15, 2008

Onli Fren

My female owner's Onli Fren (yes, the one who organised the church party and who had long discussions with her, agreeing that AGAB) recently bought a webcam cum mike so that she could have video conferencing with my female owner. Alas, despite several troubleshooting attempts, they could only get the webcam to work and not the mike. So the two of them have what I call, silent movie conversations. They typed out their thoughts furiously in the MSN dialogue boxes and wait for a visual response from the other party. For some reason, they feel contented doing that.

I think my female owner is really serious about this Onli Fren terminology. When her Onli Fren appeared at the airport to send her off, my female owner introduced her to the rest of the people as "this is my Onli Fren!" The response was instantaneous. The rest of her friends started to get up and move off in mock anger.

Her Onli Fren is also one of the few friends who would visit us turtles in the Balcony and spend some time with us. She would even bother to call us by name. Because of their long friendship, her Onli Fren also saw the previous turtles who lived in the Balcony before us. There were even photos taken of them in the Balcony, turtles in hand.

Now that my female owner is gone, will her Onli Fren still pop by to visit us? Just to check on us... be our ambassador!

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook