Wednesday, March 12, 2008

snacks

Been three days since my female owner started on her healthy living plan. That means no snacking on chips, cookies or other fatty foods more than 2 times a week. Since it has only been 3 days, it's not possible to say if she has kept to this plan.

My female owner hardly snacks in Singapore, as far as I can remember. Even when there were chocolates, ice-cream or chips lying all around the house (courtesy of her parents, neighbour or friends), she felt no affinity towards them. Her only indulgence was durian chips (which had to be bought from Thailand - she has earned a reputation for this. It's automatic that her friends would get some for her if they are holidaying in Thailand) and the occasional craving for certain snacks (like Calibee Hot and Spicy Potato Chips). Even in her workplace, she hardly stocks up on titbits.

Here, she comes up with wonderful reasons to justify her over-indulgence:
i) she's studying and needs brain food
ii) she needs to check out Aussie snacks to see if they live up to their reputation (and maybe bring back to Singapore?)
iii) she's stressed and needs happy food
iv) since she can't cook well, she should just stick to food that is guaranteed to taste good
v) the nearest supermarket is a bus ride away, so she should stock-up "just in case" she needs therapeutic food
vi) winter is coming, she needs the fats
vii) since she has given up on her "empty-calories" vice and the associated fried chicken wings an fries combo, she needs a substitute
viii) this is classic - some of her clothes are too baggy anyway, she needs to fill them up

On a side note, I wonder how it's like to dine on a variety of food everyday. My female owner has been feeding us the same food and we've grown to love it so much that fresh food such as cabbage and carrots taste yucky. Even when we were babies, my female owner did not feed us shrimps (as most people would recommend for baby turtles) coz she did not want us to grow too big too quickly.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook