Friday, March 21, 2008

7 years

My female owner attended her first ever Christian convention today. It stretches over 4 days, all the way till Monday. The closest "convention" she even been to were to church camps. I suppose she won't be on MSN so often till Monday (MSN buddies, take note!).

The worship leader started the session with a well-known bible story about the woman who had a blood problem for 12 years (Mark 5:25-34). The woman was healed by Jesus in an instant, because of her faith. My female owner has heard this story explained many times but today, she gained a new perspective.

My female owner has always believed that she needed a lot of time to massage her way through the negative experiences she had been through in the past 7 years, both at work and in her personal life. The reason why she felt she needed a long time was because it had been 7 long years of repeated scarring.

Today, she realised that she could be healed, in an instant. Length of "illness" doesn't matter. Faith matters.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never knew office scarred you so much!!

p

Anonymous said...

maybe it was a compound effect... relationship and office. rem that during my first year, you didnt like me? you thought i was weird (maybe you still think i am weird, but at least you have accepted me liao!)

but yeah, it was more of learning about the darker side of human nature (with some specific example - u know who!) that freaked me out and caused me to be disllusioned with non-friends and not feel comfortable with non-friends (u know my "criteria" of friends ya)

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook