Wednesday, March 26, 2008

visit

My female owner is off to Goldcoast today! Her ex-colleague is flying in from Melbourne to visit her, before he returns to Singapore for good.

He's one of the first few examples of how MSN was instrumental in bridging the gap between two people (actually, my female owner only started using MSN regularly less than a year ago). They had to use MSN, coz he had moved to Melbourne by then.

As a colleague from another department, he went out of his way to compile, in neat fashion, the various information she needed for her research (think her boss was really impressed with him). Not to mention those office chats they had which helped to break the monotonity of work. More importantly, he was her listening ear during the period when my owners were so dysfunctional. His support and encouragement validated her feelings and made it easier for her to move on. His humour was ticklish (can often hear my female owner laughing at the computer) and cheerfulness, uplifting.

Having said all these, the few times they went out together was for lunch during office hours, so it would be interesting to see how they spend the next few days together. Also, this time my female owner would not be travelling with her all-time travelling buddy, P. She's probably missing P already! P should have come too, since they are all good friends. They could have gone drinking (plus chicken winging) together! Cheers!

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook