Saturday, March 08, 2008

change

Been five weeks since my female owner left us. I guess things are panning out nicely for her. She lives in an apartment with a river view; stone's throw from her school. Has a fully equipped kitchen, a full entertainment system (library of DVDs, Korean drama serials, and even Wii). Easy-going and fun housemates who can cook well (that's important for a Singaporean!). She has full parental support in this endeavour. She only needs to focus on doing well for her course.

Some changes she reported since her arrival: She arrived in summer and it's autumn now. The days are shorter and nights more chilly. She joined a church and a bible study group (finally after so many years!). She started jogging regularly (about 2-3 times a week, 3.5km each time) and this is surprising coz I know she absolutely hates jogging. She learnt to cook or at least, picked up new recipes. She stopped drinking but erm, she started snacking so much that she has put on weight (not sure why she bothers to go jogging). She started drinking coffee with fresh milk (rather than using satchets). She enjoys staying home to be by herself. She stopped wishing that she's back in Singapore (but that doesn't mean she's gotten used to being in a foreign land).

Some things remained the same: She still logs into MSN everyday to chat with her friends. She goes for aikido and practices the flute (sporadically!). Nanook the husky still sleeps with her. She doesn't watch television. She still loves us (this is very important). Her hair remains short, curly and golden. She holds on to her Singaporean accent quite strongly (and was badly thrashed by her local friend who insisted that she assimilates into the Aussie slang. My female owner tried to defend herself, saying that her potato friend had threatened to kill her if she ever returned with an Aussie slang. He wasn't quite convinced at her argument).

I wonder how the next 5 weeks would be like for her.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, and I am going to kill the guy as well!

P

Anonymous said...

haha! He said that he would like to meet you. Come Come!

Anonymous said...

Wah, like that also can become an incentive to come?

p

Anonymous said...

Hmmm! Should I start running now? I love a good chase =). I'm not sure about the incentive either, but come and see mah? ;)

teddelicious~

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook