Sunday, March 23, 2008

notes

My female owner used to take notes during sermons when she was much younger. She would then rewrite the notes into an exercise book, with some fanciful decorations/ headings to spice things up. One day, her Onli Fren requested to borrow it and somehow, her Onli Fren's mother threw the book away, thinking it was rubbish. That was the end of her nice notes-writing days.

At her church now, she cant help but notice that almost everyone would take sermon notes during service. In fact, the pastors encourage such a culture and even prepare powerpoint slides which are "notes-friendly". Not being one to conform easily to group practices (even though it makes good sense to take sermon notes), she refused to take any notes, even though her Singaporean friend (who told her to join this church) had given her a journal (for her spiritual journey as the friend puts it) partly for this use (sorry if you are reading this! My female owner did bring the book with her. She just hasnt started using it).

For this Christian convention, lecture-notes style sermon notes are given to all delegates (those fill in the blanks type). Hence, my female owner had no qualms taking notes. However, there was an elective seminar which she attended that did not provide notes. Somehow, she decided to write notes for it and was glad she did coz the message was thought-provoking. The brief outline is posted above, so that she wont forget it ever.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook