Thursday, March 13, 2008

self-therapeutic dream

My female owner experienced what she called a self-therapeutic dream this morning. She went to bed relatively early at 0030hr as she had a meeting at 0830hr with her friend.

In the early morning, just before waking, she dreamt of my male owner and Nanook the husky (first time Nanook the husky entered her dreams). Nanook the husky was actually given to her by my male owner on the 100th day of their relationship. My female owner, having a penchant for cute things, would usually enter toy/ gift shops to browse. Several such shops carried TY Toys mechandise and that was when she first saw Nanook on the shelves. Since that time, she never failed to enter a toy shop to play with Nanook for a while. Hence, the joy when she received one from my male owner.

Along the years, Nanook became more and more important in her life (i know this sounds weird!) and she would sleep with him almost every night. Sometimes, Nanook the husky would slip off the bed and hit the ground on his nose with a loud impact. Hence, one of my female owner's fears was that one day, his nose would give way and drop out.

Okay, so that's the backdrop to her dream.

In the dream, my female owner dreamt that they were NOT together, but talking as per normal. The issue was surrounding Nanook the Husky as he had just broken his nose (hmmm...Freud will have something to say about this). However, the conversation was steering somewhat to a reconciliation (you know, how you can be angry with someone and through a normal conversation, resolve your anger without addressing the reason for the anger). Then my female owner felt a warning signal go off and realised that she had to do something about it.

Fortunately, she saw a picture of her friend on MSN (ah, now MSN comes in handy even in dreams) and it was a photo of her friend preparing for her wedding. So she took the opportunity to say that she had no intentions of getting married (which is true in real life, coz she decided that it's just not worthwhile upsetting her life for something so fragile). Of course that shocked my male owner, coz to be in a relationship without intending to get married is going against traditional Asian values. That was the cue for her to affirm that they were not going to reconcile.

Nanook's nose was patched up, they said their good-byes and my female owner woke up, earlier than she intended to.

Guess this dream, though set in a very matter-of-factly fashion (no, I dont think she woke up crying or feeling blue), was important in helping my female owner get some closure to this relationship. As far as I know, my owners didnt have a "proper" breakup (ie where they sat down to talk things through calmly). They basically had a mega-big quarrel, left each other in a huff, and spent the next couple of weeks waiting for each other to initiate a conversation. Some emails/ SMSes were exchanged, mostly cordial and still loving. The non-action probably sealed the nail in the coffin and that was that.

At times, my female owner even thought that perhaps they were just having a cool-off period and that someday, they would get back together again. This was until a time soon after when my male owner spoke to her on MSN (ah, here you go... MSN again!) and told her to move on coz he has already moved on (which she later found out, to a new girlfriend. Men!)

Ah, so there you go. A "proper" breakup in dreamland, to substitute for the lack of one in reality. Time to move on..

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook