Wednesday, March 19, 2008

functional

Some friends are those type whom you still feel close to, even if you haven't spoken to them for ages. My female owner has a few of those kind of friends. Despite not being in contact for ages, they would still feel emotionally connected and the familiarity still remains. It's like nothing has changed for them since the last time they spoke.

Other friendships however, probably need more attention and nurturing. Having completed one of her assignments today, my female owner decided to chat with one of her frens today, the Functional Fren (had been a while since they last communicated). It could have been her state of mind, or his preoccupation with the recent events in his life, but my female owner felt that there are a slight distance between them.

They used to do quite a number of varied things together spontanteously and he taught her many random things (like how to get around Singapore roads and identify plants). He also imparted insightful counselling principles to her when she was faced with challenges. More significantly, he harvested the postgrad dream that she had been nursing for a few years and motivated her to apply for it.

Ah, the friendship would continue to be strong... even though they are no longer "functional" to each other.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook