Tuesday, March 11, 2008

fear

My female owner blasted her self-imposed MSN curfew again last night/ this morning. She intended to log off at the stroke of midnight (ya, right) but once she put herself as "online", the floodgates opened and she ended up catching up with some of her friends (you must understand that she had been abstaining from MSN for a few days, so while she's usually online, she's hardly chatting). She ended sleeping at 0300hr and somehow, pulled through a full day of lessons.

Something that was different besides the usual catching up was an exchange she had with a local friend (she calls him Intuitive Fren, because somehow, he pinpointed certain areas in her life which she has been pondering over). I'm not sure if I mentioned this before (but I know my female owner shared this with a few friends, Christian and non-Christians, before) but my female owner knew that one reason why God brought her to Brisbane was so that He could rebuild and restore her life - spiritually, emotionally, mentally, psycholoigcally and physically - in an environment where she would not be so easily distracted.

God started working even before she came over, by putting random people in her life to help her settle in fast (they are really random coz she actually doesn't know any of them beforehand). He led her to her current residence on the first day she reached Brisbane, into a household of Christians worshipping in the very church which she intended to join. Things happened so fast, she felt out of control. In fact, I think she felt unprepared for more of such "divine interventions" that she delayed attending cell-group, missed church and kept to herself. In the end, she even prayed to God, asking God to give her some time before she opened up her heart fully to Him.

I've never known my female owner when she was active in her home church. My older brothers, Dodo and Dona (who are 2 years older than me), caught a short glimpse of her deep involvement in church before she started to get distracted with my male owner and drifted away from God. It was spiritual and psychological downhill all the way.

Having been on the other side of the fence for so many years, I can imagine how scary it would be for my female owner to venture back into the Christian life she left behind so many years ago. I saw her trying so many times during the past 7 years to rebuild her spiritual life but after much struggling, she gave up attending cell group and settled for Sunday Services only. To add to that, she had workplace challenges which zapped up much of her energy. In the end, she developed several defense mechanisms to counteract the workplace. The choices she made...

Anyway, just as my female owner was starting to open her heart (cautiously) more to God, her Intuitive Fren came along to nudge her in the same direction and brought to consciousness, some of the issues which she had either been avoiding, procrastinating on or been oblivious about. I hope that my female owner will be able to resolve her issues and move on from the life (be it good or bad experiences) she was used to in Singapore.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook