Monday, March 10, 2008

OCD

As usual, Mondays are bad for my female owner. It used to be that she would drag her feet to work. Now, she finds herself dreading Mondays coz she has lessons from 0900 to 1600hr. It's pretty much like working she said, coz she has a 1.5hr lunch-break in-between 1 marathon morning session and 1 marathon afternoon session.

Anyway, my female owner learnt about obsessive-compulsive disorders or OCDs today. While the material is somewhat familiar to her, she found out that animals such as dogs and cats can also suffer from OCD! Examples of OCD behaviour include pacing, chasing one's tail and pouncing at invisible prey.

Until now, she can't find any information on OCD in turtles but inhouse, Dodo probably qualifies as OCD. This is him.


As you can see, he's busy trying to scale over the brick. He does this to walls as well, even though it's very clear that there's no way he can be like Spiderman. AND, he would indulge in his scaling activities for hours at end. I betcha, he's the first turtle ever with OCD!

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook