Saturday, March 15, 2008

incongruence

Still on the topic of webcams cum mikes and strange behaviours. My female owner's Functional Fren once had a "silent movie" MSN video conference with her. This time, there was no audio because he did not switch on the mike (no reason offered).

It was really strange, because he would write about things and end off with a smiley face "=)", but his face (through the webcam) would look as if it was baptised in tomyam soup. The glum on his face was unmistakable. Such incongruence! A trait of the male species maybe?

Another one of my female owner's bestest MSN buddy, Potato (I mention her a lot of times in this TurtlePad because they spend a lot of time together. They are also referred to as a pair of chopsticks for their similar builds. However, both will unanimously insist that the other has a better figure), refused to get a webcam or mike for quite a long time. She was afraid that my female owner would be too busy to talk to her when school progresses, thus wasting her investment. Finally, she got herself a mike but not a webcam. Reason was that she felt that she lacked face-to-face communication skills and felt more comfortable with a mike. Then what about those times they travelled together or hang out till the wee hours of the morning etc? Weren't those face-to-face activities? Such incongruence too!

Two people, with unique preferences of communication (visual but written vs non-visual but spoken). And the person who wants a proper conversation (Onli Fren), cannot get her mike working. And oh, did I mention that my female owner's parents who are tech-idiots, are able to get the webcam cum mike working all the time?

Ironies of life!

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook