Sunday, February 17, 2008

new place

My female owner's mother came home last night... without my female owner of course. She brought along with her, stories of the happenings over the past two weeks and a somewhat satisfied spirit. She was most pleased with the accomodation which my female owner laid her hands on. According to her, finding the place was a miracle, achieved through a complication network of my female owner's maternal auntie's friend's friend's colleague's friend.

So it's like this, the auntie used to work in the household of an English family when she was 18 years old (they maintained contact even when the family moved back to England after 1.5 years). 40 years on, the English daughter took up postgrad studies in Brisbane and become firm friends with another lady. This lady played host to my female owner and her mother, even though she did not know them. She housed them and brought them around. On the first night they arrvied in Brisbane, the friend's colleague called her to say that her friend is looking for a housemate. So there you have it, a super long connection. It was pretty international too, from a Singaporean to an English to a Malaysian to a Singaporean to a Bruenian.

Here are some photos of the place my female owner will call home for the next year.

The surroundings
The block of apartments she's living in. Count three levels up from the centre of the signboard. That's my female owner's room.

The street just outside the apartment, supposedly good for jogging, cycling, skating etc.

Close-up of the entrance. Note that there are no security guards or ugly gates!

The room she will occupy.
The room is a regular rectangle but due to the angle, it was difficult to take a good shot. So use your imagination to piece together the whole room. This is her study table, taken from the door. As with her previous office, she's occupying a corner room.

Taken from the study table/ window, these are the built-in cupboard and bed.

Her bed, made up with sheets and pillows. The study table is in front of the black chair. See, she brought Nanook the Husky and even clothed him.

View from her window. Don't ask me why she didn't open her windows! It's so windy at night that she leave a mere 10cm gap for ventilation.

Rest of the apartment
The super big living room. It's so spacious, visitors can bunk in here overnight (hint hint!) There's a spare bed behind the standing fan and a ready supply of movies and a keyboard even.

Walk straight through the living room to the balcony, and this is the view which greets you. The Brisbane River. Tenants pay a premium for the area because of this. My female owner said that we would be very happy to stay here because the balcony is much bigger than our current Balcony

The kitchen which comes with an oven and dishwasher. The balcony actually connects to the kitchen in a L-shaped fashion. My female owner was standing at the intersection between the balcony and this long corridor leading to the kitchen (there's another entrance at the top left hand corner of the photo).

So, you can see why my female owner's mother is very pleased with the house. Even my female owner says that its an upgrade of her flat in Singapore. Wish we can go over too.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook